Keith T. Corpus, MD brings the unique skill set of hip arthroscopy to the Peoria area. With this training, he can treat select hip conditions (hip impingement, labral tears) in young patients through small incisions with the goal of preventing joint deterioration and future hip arthritis. In addition, he is a sports medicine specialist who specializes in the arthroscopic treatment of knee and shoulder injuries.
As a former high school and avid recreational athlete, Dr. Corpus has developed a unique understanding of the demands and anxieties faced by injured athletes at all levels. Now as a sports medicine surgeon, Dr. Corpus loves having the ability to help patients improve their quality of life and get back to their activities.
After graduating from Limestone Community High School as class valedictorian, Dr. Corpus attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he studied Molecular and Cellular Biology, graduating as a member of the Bronze Tablet (top 3% of graduating class). In medical school at Rush Medical College in Chicago, Dr. Corpus was selected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and the Gold Humanism Honor Society. He then pursued his Orthopedic Surgery residency at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, which has been unanimously considered the top orthopedic residency in the U.S. for over a decade and has been ranked the #1 orthopedic hospital in the U.S. by US News and World Report for 10 straight years. There, Dr. Corpus studied and mastered the latest orthopedic surgical techniques under the leaders in the field.
After residency, Dr. Corpus pursued a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the OrthoCarolina Sports Medicine Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina. There, he was able to hone his skills in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the hip, knee, and shoulder. In addition, Dr. Corpus had the incredible fortune of working with the Carolina Panthers organization as an assistant team physician. Where he helped with sideline medical coverage for home and away games as well as training camp and surgical treatment of injuries. Dr. Corpus was also able to attend the NFL Combine as part of the Carolina Panthers medical staff, performing evaluations on hundreds of prospective NFL players. Dr. Corpus also served as an associate team physician for the Charlotte Knights (AAA affiliate of the Chicago White Sox), UNC Charlotte 49ers, and Davidson College, in addition to a local Charlotte high school.
Dr. Corpus is active in sports coverage throughout the Peoria community, including being the head team physician for IVC High School as well as a team physician for Bradley University. He also enjoys spending time with wife, daughter, and English Bulldog. Dr. Corpus also enjoys attending and watching sporting events, playing golf, and being outdoors.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- OrthoCarolina Sports Medicine Institute (Charlotte, NC)
- Sports Medicine
- Hospital for Special Surgery, (New York, NY)
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Honors / Awards – Arthroscopy Association of North America Resident Scholarship (2017)
Medical School 2009-2013
- Rush Medical College (Chicago, IL)
- Doctor of Medicine
- Honors / Awards – Rush Medical College Dean’s Fellowship Recipient (2010)
- Monetary award given to selected M1 students for selected research
- Honors / Awards – Peoria Medical Society Scholarship Award (2010)
- Honors / Awards – Rush Medical Staff Scholarship (2010)
- Honors / Awards – The Carylon Foundation Endowed Scholarship (2010)
- Honors / Awards – JoAnn and Seymour W. Weisberg, MD, Endowed Medical Student Assistance Scholarship (2011)
- Honors / Awards – Rush Medical College Medical Staff Clinical Excellence Award (2013)
- Awarded to M4 with most outstanding clinical performance as voted on by clinical instructors
- Honors / Awards – Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society (2013)
- Honors / Awards – Gold Humanism Honor Society (2013)
- Awarded through nominations by classmates, faculty, and administration in recognition for dedication, caring, sacrifice, and humanistic qualities
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) (Urbana-Champaign, IL)
- B.S. in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Minor in Chemistry
- Honors / Awards – Bronze Tablet (2009)
- Top 3% of graduating class
- Honors / Awards – Phi Beta Kappa (2009)