Jordan M. Meiss, M.D. was raised on a family operated corn, soybean and hog farm in Gridley, Illinois where he developed a determined work ethic. With a knack for school and the sciences, an interest in the human body and strong desire to serve and help people, Dr. Meiss was led to medicine, specifically orthopedic surgery and sports medicine.
Dr. Meiss thoroughly enjoys spending time getting to know patients and caring for them as he would family. His approach is to maximize nonoperative care, but when necessary, utilize surgical specialties to get patients back to health. Establishing trust and rapport with a patient and then using his training and expertise to improve their quality of life is very rewarding.
Dr. Meiss is and his wife have two beautiful children whom are their pride and joy. Their family is involved with a local church and Dr. Meiss participates in the community by attending and providing medical coverage for local high school and college sporting events. Dr. Meiss is excited and thankful to be working and living in Peoria, where Gridley, the farm and his family are just a short drive away.
In regards to hobbies, Dr. Meiss enjoys many genres of music, plays the guitar and loves to be outdoors doing activities such as fishing and hiking, as well as working on the farm. When confined to indoors he is fond of strategy board gaming. Naturally, he enjoys participating in almost any competitive sport or game and is a sports fan of his alma mater University of Illinois, as well as his adopted teams; Syracuse Orange and Vanderbilt Commodores.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Vanderbilt University, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery (Nashville, TN)
- Sports Medicine & Shoulder Surgery Fellowship
- SUNY Upstate, Department of Orthopedic Surgery (Syracuse, NY)
Medical School 2009-2013
- University of Illinois College of Medicine (Peoria, IL / Urbana IL)
- Doctor of Medicine
- Honors / Awards – Bernard Cahill, M.D. Endowed Award (2009)
- Academic Excellence in Research and Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign, IL)
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cell Biology