Liz Plocher, MD, FAAOS, CAQ chose to specialize in hand surgery because it offers the privilege of working with patients of all ages from kids to adults and beyond. Dr. Plocher is able to treat a wide variety of problems like broken bones, numb fingers, new injuries, chronic problems, arthritis, and more. She enjoys working with patients to restore and improve their hand function and see how that impacts their lives. For example, it’s very satisfying to treat a patient with carpal tunnel syndrome and have them come in for follow-up, reporting that they are sleeping better at night and can feel their fingers better.
Dr. Plocher strives to provide the best experience for all patients throughout their care. She does her best to ensure that every patient feels heard, respected, and understood. Dr. Plocher wants to work cooperatively with patients to create a personalized treatment plan that is the best for the patient, their lifestyle, resources, and goals.
In her spare time, Dr. Plocher and her husband enjoy cooking, travel, board games, and jigsaw puzzles.
What Patients Are Saying
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Hand Surgery
- Tufts Medical Center (Boston, MA)
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand Surgery
- University of Buffalo (Buffalo, NY)
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Minnesota Medical School (Minneapolis, MN)
- Doctor of Medicine
- University of St. Thomas (St Paul, MN)
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry