M. Austin Gernant, PA-C has family members who were involved in the orthopaedic specialty, which helped spark an interest for him at a young age. That interest was solidified though his orthopaedic rotation while in physician assistant school. He loves having the ability to be in both the OR and the clinic, following up with patients as they progress through their injuries. Austin also enjoys the hands-on aspect of the specialty and learning new skills.
Hobbies: Spending time with family and friends, golfing, and anything Illini and Chicago sports.
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI)
- M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies, magna cum laude
- University of Illinois (Champaign, IL)
- B.S. with High Honors, Community Health