Tyler J. Surma, MD joined Great Plains Orthopaedics in 2020 after completing his adult reconstruction fellowship at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Having always had an interest in anatomy and musculoskeletal care, he received my degree in Athletic Training from the University of Illinois and completed medical school at the University of Illinois in Chicago. During medical school, Dr. Surma had the opportunity to assist in hip and knee replacements. He is passionate about his patients and finds it extremely rewarding to be able to help them regain their mobility with nonoperative and operative care of hip and knee arthritis.
Dr. Surma enjoys being outdoors, golfing, and playing music as well as spending time with his wife and three young children. His philosophy of how he approaches his practice in a very simple manner. Dr. Surma treat each patient as if they were a family member and recommends individualized treatment based off each patient’s symptoms, goals, and diagnosis.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Beaumont Hospital (Royal Oak, MI)
- Orthopedic Surgery Adult Reconstruction Fellowship
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Resident
- Administrative Chief Resident 2018-2019
Medical School 2010-2014
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Doctor of Medicine – Honors, AOA
- Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA)
- Graduated with distinction