A board certified surgeon, Dr. Below joined Great Plains in 2001. Prior to his career in medicine, he worked five years at Caterpillar Inc. as a Logistic and Materials Engineer.
With an emphasis on sports medicine, Dr. Below serves as team physician for the following organizations: Bradley University, Peoria Christian School and Notre Dame High School. In addition, he has provided orthopaedic coverage for special events including the IHSA Class A and AA Boys State Basketball Tournament, IHSA State Softball Tournament and State Farm Missouri Valley Conference Soccer Championship Tournament.
View Therapy Protocols
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- The Hughston Clinic (Columbus, GA)
- Sports Medicine and Foot and Ankle Fellowship
- McLaren Regional Medical Center (Flint, MI)
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Michigan State University (Flint, MI)
- Integrated Residency in General Surgery
Medical School 1991-1995
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (Peoria, IL)
- Doctor of Medicine
- Bradley University (Peoria, IL)
- Bradley University (Peoria, IL) – B.S., Industrial Engineering