Jeffrey Garst, M.D. is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with a certificate of added qualification in hand surgery. He joined Great Plains Orthopaedics in 1999 after several years of previous experience in orthopaedic surgery. He chose this specialty because it is very rewarding to help patients return their hands and arms back to normal function.
He has had articles published in the Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Journal of Hand Surgery, and Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. In addition, Dr. Garst is a member of several organizations including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, The American Association for Hand Surgery and American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Dr. Garst’s publications have included “Vascular Injuries Associated with Elbow Fractures and Dislocations” in International Angiology and “Wrist Arthrodesis: Technique and Functional Evaluation” in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Garst enjoys running and fishing.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM) – Hand and Microsurgery
- University of Illinois Medical Center (Chicago, IL) – Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Illinois Medical Center (Chicago, IL) – General Surgery
Medical School 1983–1987
- Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine (Maywood, IL) – M.D.
- Northwestern University (Evanston, IL) – B.S., Physical Therapy
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, IL) – B.A., Chemistry