A central Illinois native, Brian T. Maurer, M.D., is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon dedicated to caring for patients and instructing the next generation of physicians. In addition, he is well-published, has given numerous presentations, posters, and journal articles and has served as attending physician at the IHSA Boys Basketball State Finals and as the Morton High School team physician.
Dr. Maurer received the Best Doctors in America Award in December 2008. He is a member of the Illinois State Medical Society, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Peoria County Medical Society, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, National Registry of Who’s Who (Life Member), International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty and American College of Sports Medicine. He is also a Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
A true family man, Dr. Maurer loves spending time with his wife and children, as well as his extended family. He also enjoys reading, history, farming, woodworking and skiing.
View Therapy Protocols
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA) – Total Joint Replacement (William H. Harris, M.D.)
- McLaren Regional Medical Center (Flint, MI) – Orthopaedic Surgery
- McLaren Regional Medical Center (Flint, MI) – Internal Medicine
Medical School 1984–1987
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (Peoria, IL) – M.D.
- Monmouth College (Monmouth, IL) – B.A. Chemistry