Great Plains Orthopaedics (GPO) has created this site as a service to its patients and other individuals who view this site. We respect your right to privacy and realize that health issues are to be treated with sensitivity.
Before using this site, review the following items that are concluded by a service agreement stating your intention to accept the guidelines herein.
- Collected Internet Information
- Collection of and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Content Disclaimer
- Links to Other Sites
- Service Agreement
Collected Internet Information
When visiting www.greatplainsortho.org, our web server collects and stores the following general information about you:
- the domain from which you accessed the Internet (for instance, comcast.net, if you are connecting from an Comcast account);
- the date and time you accessed the Great Plains web site;
- the pages you viewed;
- the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to Great Plains site (for instance, if you were visiting AAOS.org and decided to view the Great Plains site, then AAOS.org would be identified as the referring site)
- the brand and version number of web browser software you are using.
This information is automatically collected and is used as part of a general summary to help us improve our web site and make it more useful to you. It does not reveal your specific identity to us.
Collection of and Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not obtain personal information (i.e. name, address, e-mail address, etc.) about you when you visit the site unless you choose to provide such information to us on a voluntary basis.
If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail, by using a form like “E-mail,” or by other communications, please note the following:
- Various people at Great Plains Orthopaedics, and/or the medical facility at which your procedure will take place may see the material you submit.
- We may import the information you submit into an electronic database, for our physicians, other healthcare professionals, researchers, and Internet services staff to share.
- In other limited circumstances, including requests from legal or governmental authorities, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit.
Under no circumstances will we ever disclose (to a third party) personal information about your individual medical condition, except when we believe in good faith that it is required by law. E-mail and other Internet communications channels are not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information like a diagnosis or medical history (such as with the forms section of this site), you need to send it by postal mail or bring it to our offices instead.
While every effort has been made to provide accurate information within this web site, no guarantee is made to the accuracy of such content. This site is provided for the purpose of providing general information in an overview format. It is not intended to replace consultation with your physician, surgeon or other medical professional. Always contact your physician with any questions, concerns or symptoms. Do not use the information contained herein as a self-diagnosis or for self-treatment.
Links to Other Sites
As a service to those individuals using our site, we have included links to sites which contain related and/or supporting information. We do not have knowledge of, or control over, the content of such sites; nor do we endorse any of the sites to which we link. We assume no responsibility for information contained in these sites.
This site (the “Service”) is an online information and communications service provided by Great Plains Orthopaedics, (“Provider”) subject to your agreement with all of the terms and conditions offered below. Please read this Agreement carefully. By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions above, which are intended to be fully effective and binding upon the Provider and users. The Provider may modify this Agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting the modified Agreement.
You agree to review the Agreement periodically to be aware of such modifications. Your accessing or using the Service constitutes your acceptance of the Agreement as it appears at the time of your access or use.