- Shoulder / Hip / Knee Replacement and Revision
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education / Internship / Residency / Fellowship:
- Muskingum College (New Concord, OH) – B.S.
- Honors / Awards – Summa Cum Laude. Ohio Board of Regents Graduate/Professional Scholarship
- Hugh Kuhn Award for Scholarship and Research in Biology. Gill Scholarship. Four Year Distinguished Scholarship.
Medical School 1993–1997
- Wright State University, School of Medicine (Dayton, OH) – M.D.
- Honors / Awards – Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Internship and Residency 1997–2002
- William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery (Royal Oak, MI) – Residency and Internship
- Honors / Awards – Mid-America Travel Grant for Senior Residents and Fellows
- Charlotte Orthopaedic Specialists (Charlotte, NC) – Total Joint Fellowship
Piero Capecci, M.D. is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who joined Great Plains Orthopaedics in 2003. Dr. Capecci thrives on having the opportunity each day to change the lives of patients who come to him with disabling arthritic pain. Although Dr. Capecci provides individuals with a full range of orthopaedic treatment options, he specializes in adult shoulder, hip and knee replacement surgery.
Dr. Capecci co-authored a chapter on Functional Anatomy of the Hip and Pelvis and Fractures as well as Dislocations of the Hip and Pelvis. In addition, he is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Central Illinois Orthopedic Society, Mid America Orthopedic Association and an Honorary Member of Alpha Omega Alpha.
Dedicated to each and every patient, Dr. Capecci recalls one case that was particularly memorable. “I was referred a patient who had a total knee replacement by another surgeon. The recovery was difficult and she couldn’t achieve enough leg extension to touch the floor to even walk. After a successful revision surgery and rehabilitation by our outstanding therapy team, with tears in her eyes, she showed me (on her first post-operative visit) how once again she could touch the floor AND do it without pain.”
Originally from New Jersey, Dr. Capecci and his wife have four children. When not caring for his patients, he enjoys golfing and spending time with his family.