- Shoulder / Hip / Knee Replacement and Revision
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education / Internship / Residency / Fellowship:
- Muskingum College (New Concord, OH) – B.S.
- Honors / Awards – Summa Cum Laude. Ohio Board of Regents Graduate/Professional Scholarship
- Hugh Kuhn Award for Scholarship and Research in Biology. Gill Scholarship. Four Year Distinguished Scholarship.
Medical School 1993–1997
- Wright State University, School of Medicine (Dayton, OH) – M.D.
- Honors / Awards – Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Internship and Residency 1997–2002
- William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery (Royal Oak, MI) – Residency and Internship
- Honors / Awards – Mid-America Travel Grant for Senior Residents and Fellows
- Charlotte Orthopaedic Specialists (Charlotte, NC) – Total Joint Fellowship
Piero Capecci, M.D. is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who joined Great Plains Orthopaedics in 2003. Dr. Capecci thrives on having the opportunity each day to change the lives of patients who come to him with disabling arthritic pain. Although Dr. Capecci provides individuals with a full range of orthopaedic treatment options, he specializes in adult shoulder, hip and knee replacement surgery.
Dr. Capecci co-authored a chapter on Functional Anatomy of the Hip and Pelvis and Fractures as well as Dislocations of the Hip and Pelvis. In addition, he is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Mid America Orthopedic Association. Dr. Capecci has also been selected as a member of Alpha Omega Alpha (an honor society that recognizes physicians who demonstrate excellence in scholarship and the highest ideals in the profession of medicine).
Dr. Capecci enjoys the challenge of trying to identify the unique problems of each patient that presents to him. With particular emphasis and training on revision surgery, Dr. Capecci has demonstrated the ability to help a number of patients who have had less than optimal outcomes from other providers.
Originally from New Jersey, Dr. Capecci and his wife have four children. When not caring for his patients, he enjoys golfing, boating, fishing and spending time with his family.